AREA OF APPLICATION
VACUFIX is a large sized vacuum membrane press with endless manufacturing possibilities. The table is ideal for laminated bending and coating of high quality furniture parts, interior-, fit out- and exhibitions elements. From a single piece to batch production.
Laminating with VACUFIX:all common shapes, like round, curved and serpentine furniture parts
Veneering and coating of shaped parts and materials with VACUFIX:Simple profiles, such as half-round mouldings, decorative strips, boards and tops with rounded edges and chamfers
attention: limited profiles for inner radii
- outer radii: veneer starting from r = 10 mm
- flat laminating films starting from r = 2 mm
Flat pressing, veneering and production of composite materials with VACUFIX:all common veneering work, pressing and laminating of board materials, pressing and bonding various materials together
Materials of workpieces and objects:
- all common wood products such as veneer, solid wood strips (thickness for laminated bending max. 5 mm), etc.
- board materials: plywood, three-ply board, MDF, HDF, chipboard, oriented-strand board, flush doors, etc.
- rigid foam boards and formed parts: PUR, polystyrene
- sandwich construction boards (foam core boards, plastics and paper honey comb core boards, laminated panels), etc.
- metal sheets: aluminium, iron, brass
- plaster- and drywall boards
Materials for coating and overlaying:
- all commercially available veneers
- decorative laminates: HPL, CPL, DPL, high-pressure composite materials, etc.
- flat laminating films and coating materials made of PVC, PET, ABS, etc.
- special coating and overlaying materials: glass, stone, leather, textiles, linoleum, paper, metal foils
- principally all commercially available adhesives
- dispersion adhesives (PVAc glues – Polyvinyl acetate)
- syntethetic-resin adhesives (UF Urea formaldehyde, MF Melamine formaldehyde, RF Resorcinol formaldehyde, PF Phenol formaldehyde)
- contact adhesives (with and without hardener)
- reactive 1K and 2K adhesives (PUR Polyurethane, EP epoxy resin adhesive)
Depending on the type of adhesive it is possible to achieve shorter curing times with the heating hood. If you do laminated bending or forming be aware of the bending strain of the used materials. To prevent de lamination and inaccurate shapes it is advisable to use adhesives modified for the purpose and to extend the pressing time until the adhesive is cured.